Thursday, August 20, 2009

Totally can't believe that school has started. Missed my babies like crazy yesterday. Then they came home, went with me to a hair appointment and were super crabby. Didn't miss them anymore. Wanted to find a bus who would come and pick them up and take them back to school. That didn't happen either. Luckily, some friends of ours and their kids showed up at the same hair salon (different stylist) and all the kids played absolutely fabulously in the play room. Lesson: There's always an up side to a down side, and vice versa.

Hannah had a rough couple of first days of middle school. Was late to class on day 1, not a biggie since they have a couple of weeks before tardies are counted. Why? you ask was she late? She was trying to open the wrong locker. ha ha! At least she saw the humor in it. Said she was completely embarrassed when the teacher came to help her and said, are you sure this is your locker after 3 times it wouldn't open. Then, yesterday there was drama picking lunch tables and some girls telling her she couldn't save seats so she moved to an empty table and then the same girls who preached to her about her wrongdoings turned around and did the same thing. We talked about it and I told her to listen to the adults, not the snot nosed girls that she's so unlucky to have in her class. ugh! So not about the prissy, mean girls. Then, her ever-so-efficient mom put an icepack thingy from Target in her lunchbox and it decided to get a hole in in and leak all over her locker yesterday. She almost missed the bus (which then I would have missed my hair appt) but one of her great teachers helped her clean up most of it and then told her to run and catch the bus and she'd clean up the rest. SUPER teacher....thank you! She also told Hannah not to worry about it, if you get all the crazy things to happen at the beginning of the year, the rest of the year is smooth sailing. :) Awesome advice. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Here's some of what yesterday found me creating....now that its not raining, I can get in my walks/jogging. Depends on my mood which I do.





4 comments:

Stacy said...

Great layouts!! The baseball one is really cool. Now just think how much scrappin you can do!!

A splash of Sherry said...

These are awesome. Love the swing one. Tell Hannah hang in there. That is one reason I do not miss school. Girls are so mean.

Penny Smith said...

Oh my goodness! What WONDERFUL layouts!!!!! These are great!!!

meganklauer said...

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!