Monday, May 19, 2008
Posted by Christine at 11:21 AM
Monday, May 12, 2008
what inspires me:
1. watching people, their emotions, reactions and interpretations of life and its surroundings
2. my daughters, each and every day
3. children, all children and their innocense
4. the beginnings and continuations of friendships that i know will last forever
5. handmade cards/gifts and handwritten words
6. nature and all of its beauty and glory
things that crack me up:
1. comedy central (most of the time :o) hehe)
2. my girls most of the time
3. a good movie (Tommy Boy, Caddyshack, Animal House)
4. my nephew and girls doing the "straw farting" out of their armpits!
what scares me:
1. dying young and without reaching all of my accomplishments (like raising my girls)
2. losing my parents and/or children
3. heights (i can do it, but i do NOT like it.)
4. violence and violent crimes
5. the unknown
on the dream horizon:
1. travel: Hawaii, Jamaica and Europe are top picks
2. catching up on my scrapbooks!
3. learning the "learning curve" of photography and digitally creating art
4. i would love to write a book. someday :o)
5. hearing the song "she's a hottie" and knowing that is ME! ha! not likely, however, this is the "dream horizon"
my favorite places on earth:
1. my bed
2. estes park, colorado
3. maui, hawaii
4. walt disney world, florida
5. cape may, new jersey
issues i often have to confront/work hard at:
2. accepting my imperfections
3. finding that "perfect" balance
4. not worrying about my health
things i'm good at:
1. being a loving, supportive mommy
2. celebrating - even the little things
3. being a good friend to those who are good to me
4. working through conflict
5. cooking, i love to cook and i think i do pretty okay
6. having faith in the big picture
7. smiling. i'm a smiler. giggling. i'm a giggler too.
things i'm not so good at:1. being on time (for anything!) i am a procrastinator.
2. planning ahead (for birthdays, holidays)
3. staying on task (i tend to jump around from laundry to dishes to cleaning to dusting)
4. forgiving those who have hurt me
5. mornings (i do it, but i am not so hot about it, ask my girls)
6. gardening (and i really wish i was!)
foods i have a weakness for:
2. cheddar baked potato soup
3. turtle cheesecake
4. my hot nuts (flamin' cajun crunch by planters)
why i do what i do:
1. because it pays me well.
2. because it has a better retirement.
3. because i want to
4. because it feels like me
Posted by Christine at 10:48 PM
Thursday, May 1, 2008
My cousin Christopher and his fiancee Allyson are being married over Memorial Day weekend. Our original plans were to drive from Illinois to Houston, Texas with all three girls. 18 HOURS of driving with THREE girls. I think Lance thought I was losing my mind. I thought it sounded like fun, except that we'd have to make the trip in 5 days, driving included. With the gas prices soaring higher than ever, we decided last weekend that Avery and I would fly down to the wedding and Lance and the eldest girls would stay home. Hannah and Gracie aren't even that bummed about it....they have "Field Day" at school that Friday and would have otherwise had to miss it. Avie is done with school on Thursday so it will be a little celebratory weekend for her and I. I am so psyched to see all of my aunts and uncles, cousins and their children. It's been since my Grandpa Hook passed away in 2006 since I've seen most of them!
On the other hand, we received word yesterday that Lance's Grandma Midge passed away. She had suffered at the hand of Alzheimer's Disease for many, many years. I am pretty sure she has had it since I have known her, almost 13 years. She is his step-grandma, she married his Grandpa Catour after his Grandma Catour passed away. But, she is still his grandma and we will all miss her smiling face. We will spend this weekend with his family saying our goodbyes and attending services. Seems like we have been doing this all-to-often lately and it really bothers our girls. We are going to have them attend the visitation, but not the funeral. They did not see Grandma Midge much (usually just family reunions) and they would be much more confused by it to go. Wish us luck!
Posted by Christine at 3:20 PM