Tuesday, May 12, 2009

~Dear Tooth Fairy, please look under my pillow




Yep, last week Avery had her very first wiggly tooth. I prayed to the Big Man above, please let her leave it alone until after our family pictures!! Just two more weeks. Well, it was not to be had, she is an impatient one, she wiggled that little tooth and today when she came home she had it really, really wiggly. I told her, well girl, it's ready so you might as well let mom have a shot at it. Nope, she wanted kleenex and to try herself. Well, ya know how that went, it started to bleed and she freaked a little. So I told her to hold onto the tooth real good and keep the blood from coming out. BEWARE: Sneaky, mean mommy trick ahead. As she's holding the tooth to keep the the blood from coming out, I playfully whacked her hand out of the way and out flew the tooth, landing in the bathtub (yeah, she decided it was really annoying her in the bath) right on her leg. Not quite sure if it was the shock of it coming out or that it landed on her leg that caused all the screaming. And, then the blood. She couldnt' bear the thought that there was blood. She wanted a band-aid. Try to explain to a 6 year old that you can't band-aid a tooth, hysterical. We finally got her to hold a cold washcloth in her mouth until she calmed down to pose for these pics. Hysterical!!! I don't mine the holy tooth grin for out photos, as it's all about the memories right? Now, we are all ready for the Tooth Fairy to come in tonight. Ave is a little worried that the thunderstorms might scare her off.....I doubt it :o).

4 comments:

meganklauer said...

What a great and hysterical story! Can't wait to see these scrapbooked!

A splash of Sherry said...

To funny. I love the band-aid. Tell Avery the tooth fairy is very brave and the storms won't scare her.

The Grissoms' Page said...

How exciting! You will have to let us know if the toothfairy made it through the storm :-)

FibreJunky said...

You are way braver than I am!! I would've just let it wiggle until it fell out. That's probably how at least two of my children have swallowed teeth!
What a story, though. I do hope you're going to scrapbook it!