Friday, March 27, 2009

Update

Went to the OB/GYN this morning, not anything wrong with my female parts. YAY! He referred me to a surgeon, who was tied up in surgery all day but could see me at 4pm. Arrived slightly early to my 4pm appointment and was told the Dr. was running 1/2 hour behind. No prob! At 4:30pm, the nurse came in and said "I'm sorry, the doctor is cancelling all appointments for this afternoon. We'll have to reschedule for Monday"....Are you KIDDING me? My OB talked DIRECTLY to the surgeon this morning and told him "She needs to be seen today to rule out appendicitis, I'm pretty sure that's what it is.".....so, now if it gets worse over the weekend, I go back to the ER (and another $200 co-pay) and get the "surgeon on-call"....needless to say, not very happy with lack of tact. If he knew he was over booked for surgeries, wouldn't you think he'd have said "She should go to so-and-so because I'm not sure I can get her in today". At 4:30pm on a Friday I am getting in no where else. UGH!! So, it's been a frustrating day and now I am waiting it out until Monday at 9am. Will let ya all know then what the deal is....thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

5 comments:

Carole said...

Hi, I am the person in front of you for the Unity Blog Hop. Sorry to hear of your problems. I will keep you in my prayers.

pardonmycaboose said...

OMG are they kidding? Christine if you start running a fever, start throwing up call your doctor. I'm not trying to alarm you but the following happened to my brother in law: While showering before his Dr apt. he bent down to pick up a bar of soap. He felt an exceptionally sharp pain (excruciating) and then immediately following that no pain at all. He felt so good that he was going to cancel his apt, but his wife insisted he go anyway. His appendix has burst and after almost losing him and a month in the hospital he was sent home one very very sick man. I can't believe they put you of like that, there should have been referral to another surgeon. I'll keep you in my prayers. Take it easy, not heavy lifting or straining and be very aware of what your body is telling you.

Christine said...

Thank you! We've been checking my temperature every hour to keep a watch on it. Needless to say, we've heard it over and over how the appendix has burst....I feel okay, no nausea or fever yet, but first sign of one, and I'm heading back in.

A splash of Sherry said...

How frustrating. Stand firm. If anything is strange you demand to be seen. Sometimes these Drs. just don't take into consideration what we are going through and how stressful it is to not know what is going on on top of not feeling good. Keeping you in my prayers.

ckmom78 said...

Monday hopefully will be here before you know it!!Hope you are feeling better this weekend.