Friday, May 8, 2009

~Mother's Day Gifts





So, I had this idea for Mother's Day. My Aunt Kathy is currently undergoing treatment for breast cancer....she is a very strong woman and is handling it amazingly well. Before me, no one on that side of the family had ever had cancer except for my great-great grandmother....breast cancer took her life. I know that very thought scares the crap out of my aunt. But, doctors are making amazing progress in cancer treatments and most of the paperwork I receive from Holden Comprehesive Cancer Center (in Iowa City, where I received my treatment) says our children will see a cure. HALLELUIAH! So, anyways, back to Mother's Day. My mom has three sisters, one sister in law, two daughters, four granddaughters and two nieces and neice-in-laws. A lot of women. Time to celebrate what all women would love for a gift one Mother's Day....a cure, an end to the battle. I wanted to take Sherry's challenge of #5-Anything but scrapbooking:Do something creative besides a scrapbook page. Make a card or anything crafty. and make it meaningful. Here is what I created and I can't wait to see their faces when they open their gifts! I also included some shots of "girly" ones I made for my girls because, without them, I wouldn't be celebrating Mother's Day and since there is no "daughter's day", we celebrate it together. I tell them its my gift to them that one day they can celebrate motherhood alongside of me. Happy Mother's Day early to each and every one of you! May you celebrate blessedly and lovingly with your children and families.

3 comments:

A splash of Sherry said...

These are amazing. Are you going to sell any? I want one. Great job. Happy Mother's Day to you too.

The Grissoms' Page said...

Very very cool! What a great and special idea. I agree with Sherry, you should start making these to sell. Can I ask where you got the pendants you worked with?? - if it is a secret I totally understand. :-) Awesome!

Christine said...

Thank you :o) I haven't thought about selling them but I might have to think about it. I have them everywhere right now.

Ginger, the tiles are Scrabble tiles. You can pick up an actual Scrabble game at Goodwill or I ordered my tiles from Etsy.

The digital images, some I ordered from Etsy, some I downloaded from the internet. I'm having some trouble figuring out how to get them all in Photoshop, but it's an active learning process, lol!

Once you have the tiles and images, you just need necklace chains (i chose ball chains) and bails (also available the cheapest on Etsy).