Sunday, April 5, 2009

~Live Strong (Lisa's April Challenges)


I truly struggled with this one...I kept saying to myself "quilting is scrapbooking with fabric so just replace the fabric with paper". Ha! Not quite that easy. I searched high and low on quilting websites looking for inspiration. I found an "autograph quilt" and this creation is what resulted from it.

Lisa,

I am so glad that you presented this quilt challenge. For so long, I struggled with what to do with all of the cards I received during my illness. I knew they deserved a place in my "Live Strong" album and I now have begun the journey of putting all of my card wishes into pages just like this one. They will all go in that album so that my girls and grandchildren always know how strong that circle of love is. I can't say thank you enough. This is something I have wanted to do for THREE years and your challenge gave me it. (((HUGS)))

Christine

6 comments:

pardonmycaboose said...

I'm sorry you struggled with this challenge but it turned out awesome. I started reading the cards and I can see how much you are loved.

Christine said...

Don't be sorry, I'm so glad I struggled and began searching instead of just throwing something together. I am forever grateful :o)

The Grissoms' Page said...

What a beautiful way to keep all of those very special notes/cards. This is a great lo!

meganklauer said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome! What a fab way to display the cards! Beautiful!

A splash of Sherry said...

Absolutely wonderful. What a great idea. I can remember days I thought I don't know if I can do this and I would get a card in the mail from someone and it just made things so much better. I love this page.

ckmom78 said...

so awesome, words cannot even describe!!