Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Election Day 2009

Four years ago, we celebrated your election as the Village President. It was a night in my heart that I knew you would win, but it was still nerve-wracking, fun, exciting and we all looked forward to your vision. Now, four years later, you ran unopposed. Still, I feel the need to congratulate you on four years well done. It hasn't been easy. People do not agree with you all of the time. Board members do not agree with you all of the time. It's the nature of the political beast.

I just wanted to tell you how proud I am to be your daughter, how proud I am that you give 150% for the people of Orion. You amaze me with your compassion and leadership. Congratulations, Dad, and here's to another four years.



VILLAGE PRESIDENT VILLAGE OF ORION
VOTE FOR 1
(WITH 2 OF 2 PRECINCTS COUNTED)
JIM COOPER . . . . . . . . . . 127 100.00
Over Votes . . . . . . . . . 0
Under Votes . . . . . . . . . 21

2 comments:

A splash of Sherry said...

Congrats to your Dad. We go to church in Orion. I said if I didn't live where I do I wouldn't mind living in Orion. Tell him to keep up the good work.

pardonmycaboose said...

That's awesome! When are we going to see a page about Dad the Mayor?