Friday, February 27, 2009

Without Further Delay......March Madness Challenges are here!

March Madness Challenges

I'm going to list 10 challenges for the month of March. Each week, you submit two of the challenges. The last week, you can submit one or two of your "leftover" challenges for an extra chance in the grand prize. Weekly prizes will be posted following each week and the Grand Prize will be announced April 1st. Grand Prize will consist of scrapbooking goodies (Retail value = around $25).

Challenge 1: Scrapbook a digital page or use a digital element on your layout. (You all knew this was coming, didn't you? he he) Don't worry if you have never done digi scrappin', try sites like Scrapblog or download some free elements/kits from Two Peas. NOTE: You may need to download a free trial of WinZip to unzip your freebies, but trust me when I say once you get it, it is so much FUN. If that is too much for you, just create a digital title using a font or mixture of fonts in your Word Processing program and print it out....really, that is how digi scrapbooking got its start. :o) And really, this is the reason why I did choices, so if you don't want to do digi, free pass out of it. You're welcome. :o)

Challenge 2: Use a song for a title. Any song, any music genre. Use your creativity.

Challenge 3: Scrapbook a list...."My grocery list", "My fave playlist on Itunes", "20 Things I do in a Day".....use your imaginiation, the sky is the limit on this one.

Challenge 4: Handcut or Handcreate something on your page. Think Megan's felties......create something fun and YOU. I know you all are so creative.

Challenge 5: Scrapbook a blurry or unflattering picture(s). Yep, get 'em out girls. No throwing away the crappy photos. NOTE: You can use them with good photos too, mix it up a bit.

Challenge 6: Go Heritage...whether it's a childhood photo of yourself or a photo of a family member, choose an old photo and create a heritage style page.

Challenge 7: Scrapbook your fear(s). List them out, or scrapbook just one or two or three. Be honest, this is something down the line generations will love knowing about you. Raw emotion scrapbooking is the best.

Challenge 8: Scraplift your fave "celebrity" scrapper - Becky Higgins, Kristina Contes, Elizabeth Kutchner, Ali Edwards, Elsie Flannigan......Be sure to state who you're lifting from and show us your inspiration page and your own lift of it.

Challenge 9: Scrapbook a material item. Something you can't live without and why.

Challenge 10: Use your newest product or purchase.....c'mon you know we can't let new stuff sit for long so use it now. Here's your guilt free chance to pass up the old stash.



Week 1: March 1-7th
Week 2: March 8-14th
Week 3: March 15-21th
Week 4: March 22-31st (taking this week to the end of the month)

Email me at teela1974@yahoo.com if you are going to participate and link me your blog if you're new to the challenges. Or leave me a comment, either way works. Can't wait to see all that you create!

5 comments:

ckmom78 said...

very awesome, soo excited!! Already got lot's of idea's brewing!!

pardonmycaboose said...

OK Christine, I'm in and ready to go. It sounds like so much fun. Like Christina..my mind is already working on the possibilities. I guess this will be my version of March Madness.

A splash of Sherry said...

I'm in. I am excited. I am loving all these challanges. Def. getting me into it. My mind is spinning.

meganklauer said...

Hey girly~
I am so in. Sorry; thought I posted before, but it must not have gone through. I am so excited for all of these!

Dawn Gallop🐝 said...

WOW!! excellent challenges, wish I had found your site sooner. I have bookmarked for next time! Thanks, Dawn :)