Wednesday, November 26, 2008

{ Thankful and Grateful




Eight Things I am Thankful and Grateful for:

* My health. I have been very blessed to not see any chance of recurrance in the last three years. I want to live to see my girls turn into women.

* My Hannah. The old soul. The compassionate child. The one who worries because she loves so much. The one who I watch grow every day and see her turning into such a beautiful young woman. I love to read your stories, hang your drawings, and hold your hand. You are a precious, creative being. I am thankful I was chosen to be your mom.

* My Gracie. My little whirlwind of cuteness. My little free spirit. The world waits for Gracie. Never ready on time, always pushing the envelope, always got more to do that what needs to be done. (Kinda like her mama, lol!) Sweet and snuggly. Loving and tenderhearted. Feisty and protective when she needs to be. I was meant to be your mama, and you were meant to teach me that my quirks (so much like yours) are annoying but they are just us. :o)

* My Avery. Avie baby. The midget. No one fits the baby slot so perfectly. Spunky. Full of life and attitude. I love to read to you and am enjoying you learning to read to me. What a precious transformation that is. Grumpy in the morning, but then happy as a lark the rest of the day. Busy. Busy. Busy. Keeps me on my toes. Total girl. You make me laugh every day. I am so happy that you and I were chosen to be together.

* My Lance. You stand by me when things are tough and when things are easy. You are a wonderful father to our daughters. You are more than "Mr. Mom" - you are my friend and my partner. Thank you for choosing me, again and again.

* Employment. We are both gainfully employed in jobs that we enjoy. Or we enjoy the paychecks :o). In any way, we are grateful to be employed.

* Faith. I am thankful that we all have faith in God and his ability to lead us to a place of belief. I struggle at times with my faith, we all do really, but I am a follower of Christ and I am grateful for his love. I am grateful he has been there when I didn't even realize I needed Him.

* Family and Friends. I have the most amazing family. My parents, my sister and her family and my brother are my solid rock. They have been there for me in good times and bad. They are more than I deserve and I am honored to have them. To my friends. My true friends....the ones who would drop anything at the drop of a hat if I asked them....thank you. You have been the most amazing, touching people in my life. How lucky am I to have known you all. I'm the luckiest girl in the world.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Blessings for a new year full of faith, family and friends and health, happiness and hope.

0 comments: