Saturday, September 20, 2008

Runs in the Family



I am now fully convinced impatience runs in the family, lol! The girls usually are in bed on a school night at 9pm....I know, some of you are probably thinking kinda late, but we've tried earlier only to have them still up at 9pm. They hit their beds around 8:50-9pm and are usually asleep within 15 minutes. They're not crabby when they wake up, so it works. On the nights I work, I leave right after kissing them goodnight and I wake them up in the morning around 6:20am after I get home from work. They don't even know I am gone. We get everyone breakfast, get hair done, double check for any papers that need a "mommy" signature, lunch money that may be needed, books that need to be marked as read and get lunches ready if they are cold lunch. I LOVE hot lunch days, mostly because I am so tired when I get home the last thing I want to do is make lunches for three. But, I do, because I'm supposed to :o)


My point, okay - the only thing the girls miss is "snuggle time". They like snuggling with me on my nights off because it only happens two or three times a week. So, last night Avery and Gracie begged to lay down in my bed and have me come snuggle with them. My bed is a queen, so it's easier to snuggle with a mommy + two girls in that bed instead of a twin bed!! I was trying to finish laundry and get things picked up because today they started putting on my new roof. I told the girls "10 minutes" and I'd be ready, tucked them into my bed and ran my booty off for the next 10 minutes.....only to find the above when I returned......lol!


Sweethearts.....I love snuggling with you, but I love watching you sleep so peacefully even more!!


0 comments: