Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Another Mans Trash = Another Womans Treasure



As I was driving home from school with the girls this afternoon, I drove by my cousin's house and saw this sitting at the end of his driveway. It appeared to be set out for junk....but knowing how many antique lovers I have in my family I thought......hmmm, maybe he set it out for someone to come and pick up. As I looked at it, I could envision it stripped to its original wood and stained to use in my scrapbook room. NOTE: The top photo is actually a photo of the piece upside down, so use your imaginations. The large cubes showcasing my albums and the small openings for paper storage and such. It even has a little desk edge that i knew would hold my cricut and big bite. I was in love! I called my mom to see if she knew what he was doing with it....she didn't. Darn it. She said you'll just have to call him and ask. So I did, thinking if he was selling it, he'd want a couple hundred bucks for it. David called me back and I asked him what he was doing with that primitive mail sorter table and he said "Jamie is supposed to pick it up today with his trailer and burn it".....NO! I had waited an hour and a half to call......what if it was gone?!?!? Well, lo and behold, as fate would have it.......it was still there. I asked him how much he wanted for it and he said "take it". NO WAY!!!! I saved it from its death via cremation and all it cost me was gas $$$... :o) I will begin tomorrow stripping it and when I am done, Lance will have to replace one leg (so technically it will be an upgraded primitive antique) and I will showcase it in my scraproom! We'll see how long it takes me to post it new.........isn't it so true, one mans trash is another mans treasure..........WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christine, I can't believe how lucky that was! I think that piece will look FABULOUS all revamped and displaying scrapbooking items. I am very jealous ;). Good on you, I can't wait to see how it turns out. Take care Jen B xx