Thursday, March 20, 2008

Milestones


This week has been all about milestones. Tuesday I pre-registered Avery for Kindergarten. Kindergarten! Where has the time gone? I honestly look at her and can't believe it's already time for Kindergarten. But she is ready, and as her Mommy, it's my job to let her spread her wings and fly.


Wednesday, Hannah turned 10. Yep, 10 years old. Double digits. I remember so clearly the day she was born. She wasn't supposed to be born that day. I was admitted to the hospital after a not-so-hot stress test revealed she was "decelerating" with every contraction. Contractions I couldn't feel. She was born via c-section at 11:06 p.m. after crashing shortly after the doctor started me on pitocin. We were so young and naive, we didn't realize until the doctor came in the day of our release and told us, "You're so lucky, this baby would have been stillborn if you hadn't followed your mother's intuition and requested a stress test." We are so lucky - still, 10 amazing years later, to have such a wonderful, smart young girl to love and call our own.

Happy 10th Birthday Hannah Banana!

1 comments:

Elizabeth Bracco said...

Hey girl! Great to see you have started a blog. I will be checking in regularly so keep the posts comin'. ;) Your girls are so cute!